I’m posting this mainly for my mother and her love of proteins. This recipe will boost your protein levels in a healthy way.
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- In a pot bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Add in the brown rice, quinoa, garlic, sea salt and simmer on a low heat.
- After 10 minutes add in carrots, broccoli and zucchini.
- Let simmer for another 45 minutes or until grains are soft.
- Sprinkle on sunflower seeds and serve.
You can interchange the veggies in any way you like and play around with the spices. Enjoy and let me know what works for you 🙂