Note to all vegans and vegetarians Thai food is not usually animal free!!!! Read the information on this website and make sure you ask your server! http://vegetarian.information.in.th/
In general : I find that going to diners is sometimes the easiest bet. I order a salad with avocado and veggies; this way you can be sure what you are getting is vegan. Any sushi bar should be able to make you a vegetable roll.
If you have anything to add please feel free!
- Josie’s – good place to take non-vegetarians, they serve organ sustainable food, they serve vegan, vegetarian, and non vegetarian meals
- Pukk – the only Thai restaurant listed as VEGETARIAN in the city, they serve vegan and vegetarian meals
- Caravan of Dreams – organic raw and cooked vegan food, very light and fresh
- Quintessence – raw organic vegan
- One Lucky Duck – raw organic vegan takeout
- Pure Food and Wine – raw vegan organic (have a lot of onions and garlic in their food)
- Tien Garden – organic vegan Chinese food (no onions or garlic in ANY of their food)
- Bonobos – raw vegan (very little foods contain onions and garlic)
- Sugar Pearl – serves a variety of vegan, vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes (do not always have fresh food, if you are sensitive to food that has been sitting out please avoid this restaurant!! I did not have a good experience last time)
- Sahota Palace – Indian food – serves vegan, vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes (there are entrees you can get without onions!!!)
- The Taj Mahal – Indian food- serves vegan, and they are really really nice about making any dish vegan or onion free, so I am sure they would cater to many allergies!
- Alto Cinco – Mexican
- Dolce Vita – Italian – only one or two vegan meals (but they aren’t salads…)
- Stronghearts – an all vegan cafe!
- Roji – Tea house – all deserts are vegan – several teas come with milk but soy milk is always available
- Whole in the Wall – organic cuisine serves vegan, vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals
- Lost Dog Cafe – (same as above)
- Cyber Cafe – (same as above)
- Moosewood – one of the most famous vegetarian restaurants, they usually only serve one vegan meal per night, and they serve fish
- Food for the Planet – organic raw and cooked vegan food
- Merge – serves a wonderful variety of food – vegan, vegetarian and very few meat dishes
Since I don’t eat out often I make a lot of my own food. Finding raw nuts, seeds, nut butters and olives are really tricky in Upstate New York. Here are some links to where I order my food: