Here is an awesome dish I just whipped up for Dwight and I tonight! He’s on the bus coming home, so I have a little time to write this up and share with you.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 16 oz. can Muir Glen Diced Tomatoes (No Salt Added)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 & 1/2 cups chopped bok choy (or any cruciferous leafy green)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger root (or 1/2 tsp ginger powder)
In a pot bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Then add the brown rice and cumin and leave on a low heat until the rice is cooked.
In another pan place the can of tomatoes, curry powder, ginger root and broccoli on a medium low heat. When they start to bubble add the peas. After five minutes add the leafy green vegetables.
Then you should have a delicious Indian feast!